Building an email list is one of the most important aspects of your business, but I know from experience that it can be really easy to fall into the comparison trap when it comes to the size of your list. Today’s guest is Tarzan Kay, and her story is proof that when it comes to email lists, the quality of your subscribers matters much more than the quantity.
Tarzan is a launch strategist and copywriter who also teaches others how to have a healthy relationship with money. She recently finished in an impressive fourth place for affiliates of Amy Porterfield’s Digital Course Academy, with a list of 3,000 people (compared to other affiliates with much bigger lists)!
In fact, she generated about $35,000 in affiliate commissions from the promotion, which shows that you absolutely do not need a big email list to make big money in your business.
Today Tarzan shares all of her secrets of how to engage a smaller email list for maximum results. We talk about the segmenting to use to increase engagement and sales from your list, and why you shouldn’t be sending your newsletter to everyone that has subscribed to it. She also gives two big reasons why her audience loves her so much, which you can start using in your business – today!
Before we start the show, I’ve got something to ask. How do you listen to this podcast? Is it in the iTunes app, Stitcher, Spotify or maybe iHeart Radio? Do you listen to it at regular speed, or maybe like me you listen to your podcasts at 1.5X speed? I want to know! Take a screenshot of you tuning in to The Art of Paid Traffic, and include it on your Instagram Story, while tagging me, @RickMulready!
Want to win a 30-minute strategy session with me? I’ll be drawing one winner at random each month, and all you have to do is give me your feedback on this podcast over at https://theartofonlinebusiness.com/messenger, telling me what you’d like to hear more of – including topics you’d like to see covered, guests, style and frequency of the show!
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- What Tarzan considers to be a “small” list and the benefits you can see by having one
- How often she emails her list and where she comes up with all the amazing topics to write about
- The way she uses videos in her emails, and the tools she recommends to do it
- Tarzan’s list segmenting strategy that resulting in a 75% open and 35% clickthrough rate
- How she’s using a quiz to effectively segment her list and the importance of making it easy for the people in your funnel to focus on where you want them to go
- What Tarzan’s team looks like and the important role that her business manager fills
- How to approach nurture emails versus weekly emails – without getting overwhelmed
- Her thoughts on money mindset and how it relates to your pricing
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You’ll Like:
How to Use Speaking to Grow and Scale Your Business
How to Ensure your Ad Campaign is Profitable (Everytime) with Tom Breeze
(Case Study) 3 Facebook Messenger Campaigns That Are Crushing It
Simple Facebook Messenger Campaigns that Convert with Ethan Sigmon