As CEOs, we often have to make tough decisions regarding people on our team. One of the hardest things is making the decision to part ways with someone.
In today’s quick tip episode of Art of Online Business, I’m talking about how to handle those hard decisions and situations in the nicest way possible. If someone has been with you for a long time and they just haven’t been performing well, it can be really difficult to bring yourself to do what needs to be done.
There are three words that every CEO really needs to know when it comes to someone on your team. Those three words are “the business needs”. It’s never “I need”, even though it’s our business. You are not your business, so this is an important distinction because it’s not personal. It’s a business decision.
This is always a difficult situation because we are good people and don’t want to do that sort of thing to anyone. We want to treat those people with respect and courtesy, especially in times like this.
So regardless of how frustrated you might be or whatever else is going on, just remember it is what your business needs.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Why letting someone go should never be a shock to them
- How to use performance improvement plans
- The importance of treating people with respect while parting ways
- Why it’s never personal when it comes to your team
- How to keep the focus on the business needs
Links & Resources:
- The Art of Online Business website
- DM me on Instagram
- Visit my YouTube channel
- The Art of Online Business clips on YouTube
- Full episodes of The Art of Online Business Podcast on YouTube
- The Art of Online Business Podcast website
- Check out my Accelerator coaching program
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy: