Do you know how you can DIY your own PR to tell your story?
In this episode, Cher Hale is joining me to talk all about this and share her expertise!
We are diving into how to use the media to tell your story in your own voice, how you can help others tell their story, and how to overcome the things that keep you from putting yourself out there.
We have never had an episode like this on the podcast before, and it is so valuable. I took so many notes on all of these things!
Cher Hale is the founder and director of Ginkgo PR, a boutique agency that believes in using public relations to amplify the voices of underrepresented and marginalized groups.
As a Taiwanese-Black American woman, Cher is passionate about leveraging the power of media to tell diverse stories through online, print, TV, and podcast mediums so she can play a role in reshaping how our society views social justice, feminism, and multiculturalism. To connect with her, you can access her free Pitch List library by signing up at ginkgopr.com/subscribe.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- How the media tells stories and why they do it repeatedly
- What to think about if you want to own your message and take back your narrative
- Examples of socialization that leads to certain behavior
- How to move beyond the fear of “rocking the boat”
- Strategies for identifying your target client and pitching yourself
- The benefit of becoming a credible source within the mainstream media
- How people with a platform can help others tell their story
- Why you need to be able to tell your story with eloquence and a deep understanding of your purpose
- How to be a great publicist for yourself
Everything that Cher and I cover in this episode along with the resources she mentions will help you share your story and your brilliance! I hope that after listening to this episode, you have a newfound motivation to DIY your own PR and create more awareness for yourself!
Make sure to grab all of the freebies that Cher talked to us about in this episode and connect with her on social media. All of her links are below!
I want to invite you to apply for my Accelerator Coaching Program! This is for those of you that already have some success but want to scale and optimize toward seven figures or more while working less. You can apply at rickmulready.com/accelerator!
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You’ll Enjoy:
Quick Tip: Increase Launch Conversions With This One Strategy
6 and 7-Figure Marketing Strategies with Shannon Matson
Quick Tip: Are You Making This Facebook Ads Targeting Mistake?