On today’s show, we’re talking about the Facebook ads strategy that was used in a Kickstarter campaign that reached its goal of $150K in just 17 hours and went on to raise a total of $441K.
And joining me to share how he did it is Justin Richard from Convert Marketing, a Facebook ads agency in Santa Barbara, CA.
Justin is actually a student of mine and regular listener of The Art of Paid Traffic, and even though he comes from a background other than business, he’s a great example of someone who has effectively implemented the strategies and tools we talk about on this podcast.
He shares how he got started in the online marketing world (after a degree in film), and how it led to the campaign with Maluna Coolers where they smashed a Kickstarter goal of $150,000 and turned it into almost $450,000 – in just 17 hours.
On the Show Today You’ll Learn:
- Justin’s 6-step method for how they raised $441K on Kickstarter — almost 3x their goal
- The philosophy behind WHY he created and followed this strategy
- The FB ads strategy he used to build a FB group community of almost 9K people and then how they leveraged that group to drive the success on Kickstarter
- What he considers the real magic behind his success
- What is the “Gruen Effect” and how it can be applied to online marketing
- How they tracked the success of their Kickstarter ads since you can’t place the FB pixel on the site.
- How they set up the actual Kickstarter campaign including the video storyboarding and incentives they offered.
- Why it’s good to have multiple offers and product variations when using the Kickstarter platform
- The importance of building scarcity into your offer…
- And a whole lot more…
As you’ll hear, Justin faced challenges and struggles in his first year of business, but this conversation with him really highlights why following the fundamentals can lead to success when it comes to your marketing.
I’m BEYOND excited to announce the creation of my brand new group coaching program — ADvantage Plus!
ADvantage Plus is a 12-month application-only group coaching program which includes the following:
- A Group video coaching call (face-to-face on Zoom) with me each month
- A bonus Group coaching call each month with a subject matter expert
- 2 two-day group Live Events in San Diego with me
- Ticket to attend both of my FBA Live workshops (multi-day training/implementation workshops in San Diego in December & May)
- Private Facebook Group
Accountability, Community, Coaching
This group coaching program is all about accountability, community and coaching.
THIS is the stuff that puts you on an accelerated growth path in your business.
Yet, it’s so often missing for so many online entrepreneurs.
If you’re an online entrepreneur who is scaling, growing & automating your business…
And you’re ready to surround yourself with other successful, like-minded and motivated entrepreneurs and accelerate the growth of your business…
And you feel like strategizing, coaching and networking is currently missing in your business…
I’d like to invite you to learn more and submit your application for the ADvantage Plus coaching program here
**The deadline for applications is June 30th, 2017!
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Learn more about Maluna at: Maluna.com
Click here to learn more about ADvantage Plus
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you\’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You’ll Like
#138: Facebook Ad “Objectives”: What They Mean + How to Use Them
#137: How a Local Photography Business Lowered their Cost Per Sale with Facebook Ads
#136: 3 Steps to Writing GOOD Copy with Kira Hug
#135: YouTube Ads: Anatomy of High Converting Videos with Tom Breeze (Part II)