Let’s face it, it’s human nature to procrastinate.
This is almost always true when whatever we’re procrastinating has some risk attached to it.
One of the biggest, ongoing challenges for online marketers and entrepreneurs is figuring out how to deal with the fact that people often wait until the very last second to make decisions and take action.
In working to overcome this challenge as business owner, myself, I learned about some of the psychology behind why people procrastinate. When I finally understood that, I could leverage those principles of human psychology in my promotions to increase sales — without being sleazy.
On Episode #113 of The Art of Paid Traffic, I’m talking with my friend Jack Born all about using urgency and scarcity in an authentic way to sell more products and services in your business.
Jack is the founder of Deadline Funnel, a software company that allows online marketers and entrepreneurs to…you guessed it, add urgency and scarcity to their promotions in an authentic way.
And while he’s mastered the art of getting people to take action and buy NOW, the real reason I invited Jack on the show is because I’m a big fan of his whole approach to this sort of stuff.
Of course, we talk about a ton of things you can do to increase sales with limited promotions. What I think you’ll appreciate most, though, is that our conversation keeps coming back to the theme of marketing and selling with authenticity and integrity.
On Today’s Show You’ll Learn:
- Why people procrastinate and what this means for business owners who need people to take action now
- What makes opportunities and offers seem more valuable to your audience
- Why Robert Cialdini’s book, Influence: The Science and Practice of Persuasion is must read for anyone who has something to sell.
- Examples of companies using urgency and scarcity in recent campaigns
- How to use flash sales, plus a specific example from my own business
- Strategies for adding an element of scarcity to your offers
- How to incorporate authenticity in every element of your marketing automation
- How to help your audience overcome procrastination so more people buy during launches
- And a lot more…
Links & Resources Mentioned in this Episode
Jack’s Survey Software: surveyfunnel.io
Perry Marshall episode: 80/20 Sales & Marketing: Making More While Doing Less
DeadlineFunnel.com/special, Code: AOPT
Got A Question You Want Answered On the Podcast?
Ask your questions or let me know if there is a topic or guest you\’d like to hear from in the comments below or click here to visit my contact page and submit your question there for a chance to be featured on one of my upcoming Q&A episodes.
Please support the podcast by giving an honest Rating/Review for the show on iTunes!
Other Episodes You’ll Like
#112: How to Create High Converting Pinterest Ads with Alisa Meredith
#111: How To Niche Down For Success As A Facebook Ads Manager
#110: Choosing the “Right” Facebook Ads Objective
#109: The Critical Work Needed for Successful Facebook Ads